Science Experiment - What keeps us dry?
We had a problem to solve.
We needed to find our new alien friend a hat to protect him from the rain.
We talked about different materials and what materials we could use. We decided to use foil, paper, cardboard and paper.
Then we made some predictions about what would be the most waterproof and least waterproof.
Next we followed the method.
1. Put on wet weather clothes and go outside.
2. Hold the material over your head.
3. The adult will pour water over the material. Did any water go through? Is it waterproof?
4. Tick if the material was waterproof or not on your record sheet.
5. Test the next material and repeat the investigation.
We had lots of fun testing the materials.
In conclusion we found that the plastic bag was the most waterproof and the paper is the least waterproof.